Published on Aug. 23, 2022
Hendrix-ISA is looking for a Staff Veterinarian
To work for the Hendrix-ISA operations (Layers) in the USA (PA, VA, NE, and MD), the Staff Veterinarian is responsible for the execution of health programs. This is done by taking a proactive approach on all health related issues and working with operational staff to ensure required health status. As a licensed and accredited veterinarian, this position is required to work with internal departments and to also to liaise with government officials as required for export and/or health issues.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Staff veterinarian will be responsible for layer breeders in PA, VA, NE, MD and any new locations.
- Will be responsible in the proper implementation of our company Poultry Health, Biosecurity and NPIP monitoring programs.
- Responsible for making site visits to hatcheries and farms and ensure bird health is acceptable.
- Responsible for the implementation of NPIP and all other necessary qualifications regarding bird health.
- Post and diagnose avian diseases in laboratory and field settings.
- Coordinate and evaluate blood titer results among flocks.
- Make customer visits supporting technical sales and write reports on flock health and performance.
- Advise and train employees and customers in animal welfare, biosecurity, and bird health.
- At minimum, veterinary degree DVM or VMD from an accredited program. Poultry experience preferred, but not required.
- Eligible to obtain license to practice veterinary medicine and USDA category II accreditation in PA, VA, NE, and MD.
- A strong sense of ethical behavior and concern for animal welfare.
- Flexibility to travel for extended periods of time, domestically and internationally.
- Ability to stoop, stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time in a hatchery or farm environment.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. repeatedly.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and stay organized.
- Strong ability to clearly communicate verbally, in written correspondence, and deliver presentations in English.
- Great interpersonal skills to deal with and manage customer communications and internal communications.
- A strong desire to grow in the management team of Hendrix-ISA.
- Please submit resumes and inquiries to email@example.com